Thursday, December 20, 2007

Night Out at Chamat Gader

Last night, Kenny and Menachem took everyone to the Chamat Gader hot springs for some pure relaxation. Here's what Kenny had to say about the experience:

'Last night, I was so proud to be with Kulanu. When we arrived, we found the springs to be packed due to the Arab holiday. But we were not going to go home, so into the springs we went. After a few minutes, under two former New Yorkers watchful eyes, we see some guys the same age as ours approach, and in a broken English/Arabic/Hebrew start off with, "Hi I'm Chamed, who are you?" "I'm Jordan, from New York", was the answer. Then Ephraim and then the others went on to introduce themselves. There was some good natured joking around, and of course I am thinking, where is this going? But after twenty minutes, the Israeli-Arabs from Hanah say, 'Well, we have to go home. Nice meeting you.' And they were off. Dovi, who was hanging with them, approached me in the most serious voice to let me know how these guys gave up their place in the jacuzzi for him. He was so happy, and that's when he said, "I thought they were all bad, but they were really nice. I hope Ms Schiowitz lets me put this in the blog."
It was well worth the trip'




Shabbat Shalom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing that story. If anyone can bring peace and light to the Middle East, it's our Kulanu students!!!
CK